Streaming devices are getting increasingly popular, and people are employing a variety of devices offered on the website. One of them is the Chromecast device, which is frequently utilized by people. Because Google Chromecast has so many new capabilities, you may use it to broadcast any content to your television. However, if you use the Chromecast device for an extended period of time, you may receive an error message stating that the source is not supported by Chromecast.
Let’s investigate why the error source does not support Chromecast.
There is no proof that the error source not supported Chromecast occurs for any specific reason, however, it is most commonly observed when you are using an outdated device, the mirroring function is off, or there is a connectivity issue. You do not need to be concerned if you are experiencing the same problem. Here you’ll find the most effective solutions to the error source that does not support Chromecast.
Table of Contents
It’s possible that the problem was caused by a shaky internet connection. So, before you go any further, double-check that your Wi-Fi is operational. You can check it out by going to YouTube and watching any video on your phone or laptop. If the video continues to play without pause, your internet connection is stable.
Check that Chromecast and the mirroring services are connected to the same network:
If your Chromecast is connected to one network while mirroring devices to another, the error source not supported Chromecast is more likely to occur. If this is the case, connect both computers to the same internet connection and see if the problem has been resolved.
Read More:- Smartcast TV Not Available error on Vizio
Clear App Cache and Memory:
This is the ideal approach if the error source is not supported by Chromecast and only appears when using a few unique apps. On Android smartphones, error is more likely to occur. The best method to fix this problem is to delete the cache and memory of the applications that are causing it. Follow the steps below to do so:
- From the applications menu, choose Settings.
- Go to Apps in the settings menu.
- A menu will appear, with more options. From the drop-down box, choose Manage applications.
- Make a list of all the installed applications that will be opened, then choose the one that is generating the error.
- Next, go to the storage tab and look for the user data and cache option.
- You’ll need to restart your device after clearing all of the caches.
Enable Mirroring service:
When streaming from the Chrome browser, the mirroring services must be enabled, else the source will be displayed as not supported by Chromecast. Follow the steps below to enable or verify whether it is enabled.
- Launch Google Chrome and search for chrome:/flags in the address bar.
- Next, press CTRL + F at the same time and type mirroring.
- A window will open with a drop-down menu that includes a mirroring option.
- Select enabled from this menu, and then restart Chrome.
Restart all devices:
All of the devices that are engaged in the streaming process must be restarted. The television, your laptop/computer/mobile phone, and your Wi-Fi device are all options.
- Disconnect the Chromecast device from the television by unplugging it.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi and then turn it back on after a few minutes.
- Turn off your smartphone or the device you’re mirroring from.
- Turn on both the television and the smartphone, and connect them to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your Chromecast device is connected to the same internet connection as your television.
Update Chrome browser:
If your browser isn’t up to date, you’ll get this error. Even if auto-updates are enabled, browsers do not always update automatically, so you may need to update them manually. Because of this;
- Open the Chrome browser and select the three-dot icon.
- From there, select the About Google Chrome option.
- The system will now look for any new Chrome browser updates that are available.
- If a new update is available, it will notify you and prompt you to update your browser. Complete the process by updating your device. It might take a while.
- When you’re finished, choose the relaunch option, and you’re done!
Disable ad blocker and VPN:
All ad blockers and VPNs disguise your IPN addresses, which may have resulted in this mistake. The error can be fixed by disabling them.
- To disable adblockers, open the Chrome browser and click the three dots.
- Select other tools and launch extensions from there.
- Now choose the ad blocks you’re using and disable them, or uninstall them if they’re no longer needed.
- To switch off the services, open the VPN and select the option to turn them off.
Know More:- Download Cyberflix TV for Android & Firestick
Factory Reset Chromecast:
If none of the previous alternatives work, you’ll need to factory reset Chromecast to restore its original default settings and use it as a new device. These are the methods for resolving the error source that does not support Chromecast.