Some users who are trying to update will get a new error while upgrading to Windows 10 2004 ‘This PC can’t be upgraded. The error did not indicate how some settings prevented you from upgrading to the Windows 10 May 2020 update.
The update is available for devices running Windows 10 May 2020, Windows 10 1903, and Windows 1909. Those who want can manually check for updates and upgrade to the 2004 version. Microsoft is gradually releasing the Windows 10 May update for compatible devices,
“What needs your attention”:
The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your Windows Settings, personal files, and apps.”
The dialog informs the user that “This PC can’t be upgraded to windows 10. Your PC Settings aren’t supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working to support your settings soon. No Action needed. Windows 10 will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically when these settings are supported”.
This can be resolved by following methods
1. Updating hardware drivers
- Download and install IObit Driver Booster.
- After installing, open the app, click on scan to check all the outdated drivers.
- After scanning, the app will display a list of outdated drivers found on a computer.
- Click on update all to update the outdated drivers. this may take 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of drivers being installed.
- After all the drivers have been updated, restart your computer to make changes into effect.
2. Disable Core isolation
- Open Settings.
- Click on Updates and Security.
- Click on Windows security on the Left-hand side.
- Click on open windows security.
- Click on Device security</strong>.
- Click on core isolation details.
- Turn off memory integrity.
3. Perform an In-App Upgrade
There can be a possibility that some apps may not be able to update even after a windows update is performed. In order to do that, follow the steps
- Download and install media creation tool from Microsoft website.
- Click on Upgrade this PC.
- Click on Download and Install updates (recommended)
- After that, you will be asked what files to keep. For that click on Change what to keep.
- Select Keep personal files and apps and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions required on-screen to complete the upgrade process.
We hope the following method allows you to install the latest version of Windows. However, it is advised to wait for updates to be available on Windows update for better compatibility and fix the error while upgrading to Windows 10 2004.