In a country like the United States, you have a few options to choose from when it comes to picking the best internet deals. You can either select the cable monopoly or the phone monopoly. There is no such competition between these two, but they should have to.
Home internet prices vary from one place to another and one ISP to another. It is because the market doesn’t have more competitors for home internet services. CenturyLink is the best internet provider that offers long-term internet packages at a discounted price. It is one of the trusted names for the best internet services in the US internet service providers market alongside Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, Mediacom, and a few more.
Now, let’s discuss how you can reduce your monthly internet bill. The prices for internet packages usually vary with the other internet service providers and from one location to another. Similarly, companies increase or decrease their service charges from time to time. Thus, the cheapest internet of this year might become the most expensive internet in the next year. Thinking two steps ahead is a wise choice.
- The first method is using internet services from local Internet Service Providers. Contact them and introduce yourself. Mostly, they’ll offer you unique and affordable internet deals as a new customer.
Here is what Clark Howard says: “If you’re willing to go from one to the other and then maybe a year later go back to the first, that’ll help.”
- Another step is you can visit the online websites of a few Internet Service Providers. You’ll see that all of the ISPs have different prices when you will start exploring and comparing. Also, they have exciting offers for every new customer. This is so because every customer has unique requirements based on the size of their household, the number of devices, and the overall consumption of the internet. You should look for those offers, and select the internet provider that you think provides the best value.
- Most of the users claim that their current Internet plan is very fast and stable but you can’t manage to pay their monthly charges. We can understand your concerns and so will the ISP if you discuss with them openly. There is a rule of thumb in internet packages, the more you spend on it, the better you get. Thus, negotiation is the only solution to your problem. You can ask your ISP to lower the price or give you some discounts.
- The best way to persuade them is by telling them that you’ll buy the services of their competitor. This trick works at times, not always. You can simply request your ISP to provide you with better value than the market. You can quote that your competitors are giving this much value at this rate. Make sure the prices are lower than them and offer the same value so you can say “If you can’t offer the same, I’ll use their services instead.
- You should assure one thing that your ISP offers you extra services, some perks or benefits to make your experience better. But you have to look for if those services are valuable to you or not. Thus, make sure they agree on what you want from them.
- Some companies may offer you limited-time internet services. These services usually include access to the internet for 12 hours, etc. It is the best choice if you get an internet connection available during your working hours. This deal could be the best to cut off your monthly expenses.
A quick recap for getting the best internet deal
If you can get both internet services with cable and/or phone services, always compare their price and features then prefer the one that offers more value. In short, here are the things you can do to have the best internet dealings:
- Check for the discounts for new customers.
- Check for other discounts if you are eligible for student, military, senior citizen, a certain amount of low income, etc.
- Negotiate with your ISP customer support to lower the cost and give more features. They usually have something at the backend that they don’t advertise.
- Check for better internet speed for enjoying fast internet at a reasonable price.