We have listed 15 ways to deal with a multitude of YouTube Not working problems in this segment. The measures are very straightforward and you can solve them on your own quickly. In addition, we have also explained several steps to give you a deeper understanding of the issues and their solutions. Now, let’s find the desired solution for you, without further ado.
1. Check if Down is YouTube
Check if YouTube in your area is down before digging for solutions. Of late, because of high-volume network congestion, YouTube and many other streaming networks have suffered outages worldwide. So, if YouTube doesn’t work all of a sudden, then it’s probably down to everybody. You will locate YouTube’s real-time status on a down detector or outage.report.
Table of Contents
2. Clear cookies and cache
Sometimes error 5000 occurs because the twitch server is inaccessible, which means it’s a temporary issue. However, our browsers store cache and use them every time we try to access the website. So there are potential chances of conflict between website and cache files.
The cache browser does not allow the website to be loaded from the current time. Instead, the cache shows a copy of the website previously stored on your computer. This way, your website will load faster. Sometimes, the cache will not be updated on a recent web page. As a result, you will get a similar error even if the website is active. Therefore, cache clearing is the best option.
Open history by pressing Ctrl + H.
- Click on clear browsing data.
- A window appears, in that click on Advanced
- In Time range, click on All time and tick all the boxes you see.
- Click on Clear Data.
- After this, restart your browser and check if the issue is resolved.
For Android: Tap and hold the YouTube app on Android and open ‘App Info.’ Go to Storage here and clear all data and cache.
For IOS: You will have to reinstall the app again and check if the issue is resolved.
3. Disable extensions
Finally, you can disable extensions. There are many users who have complained that Twitch not working in Chrome. This occurs due to conflict in some extensions. So, you can try disabling them and see if everything works properly. To disable extensions, you can follow these steps:
- Launch Chrome.
- In the address bar, type Chrome://extensions and press Enter. Also, if you are using Firefox, you will need to type about: addons in the address bar and press Enter.
- Then here, you will find a list of extensions or plugins.
- Disable all plugins and extensions one by one.
- Now check if you are facing Twitch Error 5000 or not.
Additionally, you should pay extra attention to the extensions that are recently installed in your browser.
4. Update Chrome and YouTube App
You may be using an old Chrome or YouTube software that is not completely compliant with the new changes on the website. Updating the app solves many of the bugs in those situations.
Open Chrome on the screen, and paste chrome:/settings/help into the address bar. Check for the most recent update here and install it right away.
Open your respective app store on Android and iOS and update the YouTube app. Hopefully, it should solve the issue you are having.
5. Check Site settings
Similarly, paste chrome://settings/content/sound in the address bar and enable the toggle for sound settings. It will allow YouTube to play sound.
6. Check Settings for Proxy
Sometimes, long after shady plugins have been deleted, certain changes stay in place until you manually reverse them. One of them is the proxy setting, which is modified by extensions and results in unreachable websites. This is how to recover your desktop’s proxy settings.
- In the address bar, paste chrome:/settings/system and hit enter. Here, under the proxy configuration section, press ‘Disable.’ Open YouTube now and check if it works.
7. Update your graphic drivers
- Download and install IObit Driver Booster from their website.
- After installing, open the app, click on scan to check all the outdated drivers.
- After scanning, the app will display a list of outdated drivers found on a computer.
- Click on update all to update the outdated drivers. this may take 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of drivers being installed.
- After all the drivers have been updated, restart your computer to make changes into effect.
8. Check Hardware Acceleration settings
In order to play YouTube at the highest level, hardware acceleration is a good feature. However, if your computer is old, it’s a safer choice to disable it. It helps you to play YouTube without any stutter or throttling at a fair performance.
However, if you have a powerful device, then check if hardware acceleration is enabled. In Chrome, open chrome:/settings/system and you can find the dedicated settings.
9. Date, Time, and Area Update
Many times, YouTube does not function and keeps displaying the loading sign because of the wrong time zone, date or area set on the computer. So, the workaround is clear, just match the time with the right values and you’re going to get YouTube running again. Open the device’s settings tab and look for a time-related menu. Now, make adjustments and restart your computer, and hopefully, YouTube will work without any problems this time.
10. Uninstall Apps that are unnecessary or Unknown
In addition to Chrome plugins, rogue software on your PC can cause issues with YouTube running properly. Removing unknown applications is the best way of coping with this problem.
- Open the Run window on a Windows PC by clicking the Windows and R keys at once. type ‘appwiz.cpl’ here, and press enter.
- After that, select applications that you don’t use much, then quickly delete them.
11. Flush the DNS settings
- Press Win key + X and then click on Window PowerShell (Admin).
- When asked for permission, click Yes.
- A window appears, in that type the following command.
- Now open your browser and try accessing the website again to see if the error is resolved.
If the issue is resolved, Great! If not, we have more solutions for you, try the next one below.
If you are a mac user: Navigate to Applications, then go to Utilities, then Terminal on macOS and paste the order below, and press enter. It will ask for your Mac login password, type it, and it will successfully flush the DNS cache.
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
12. Reset Network settings
If your Android or iOS device is adamant to make youtube not work, then you should try to enable airplane mode. Turn the airplane mode off after a while and check if YouTube is running. If not, so you should fully reset the network settings.
- Open the Settings tab on Android and navigate to Device -> Reset Options -> Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth. Finally, tap on the “Reset Settings” button.
- On iOS, go to Settings -> General -> Reset and tap on “Reset Network Settings”. Restart your mobile now and test whether or not YouTube is running.
13. Update your Operating System
It might sound doubtful, but most bugs on devices can be resolved by OS upgrades. Cumulative upgrades that are aimed at quelling multiple forms of glitches are frequently pushed by system manufacturers. In addition, with new installation and security updates, the computer even gets refreshed throughout the process. So, if your mobile or PC has a pending upgrade, go ahead and update it right now. It will fix the YouTube problems you have on your device.
14. Using a VPN
If YouTube does not run in your school or college, therefore it is most possible that the authority has restricted the usage of the website. In such instances, by tunneling the network to a foreign region, a VPN will help you access YouTube. Also, VPN will help you escape territorial limitations if you live in a country where YouTube is banned.
15. Contact your Internet ISP
If neither of the strategies succeeded, the ISP may be at fault. It is the duty of ISPs to provide internet connectivity, but they can also block access to some websites from being accessed. So, you can contact your ISP to address the YouTube problem and ask them to remove any restrictions if imposed.
So that was our post on how to fix problems if YouTube is not working correctly. From easy to advanced levels, we have included a variety of problems to find the desired solution to your problem. We also listed multiple measures to fix the problems, regardless of whether YouTube continues buffering or displays a black screen. If we have helped you solve the problem, let us know in the comment section below.