Congratulations on your New Printer, or maybe you would have just reinstalled windows. Either way, we can help you to Connect Brother Printer to Computer easily. Just follow the steps.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Connect your printer to the computer
Generally, there are two ways to Connect Brother Printer to Computer: wireless connection and wired connection. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect the printer to your computer wirelessly
- Connect the printer to your computer via cable
1. Connect the printer to your computer wirelessly
If your printer has wireless capability, going wireless should always be preferred, so you can place your printer in any convenient location in your home.
Here are 2 common ways to connect your printer to your wireless network:
Option 1: Connect your printer to your wireless network using the WPS button
If your printer and router have a WPS pairing button, press the WPS button on the printer, and then the corresponding button on the router in 2 minutes.
The connection will be completed automatically after you press the button.
Option 2: Connect the printer from your control panel
If you do not have a WPS button, go to the wireless settings in your printer’s control panel. Then follow the on-screen instructions to enter the WiFi network name and password.
This process varies depending on the type of sister printer. If the above steps do not help, check your printer documentation for instructions. If you don’t have your manuals that come with a printer then you can just simply search for them online at manualsnet.com.
2. Connect the printer to your computer via cable
If you want to connect your printer to your computer by cable, follow the instructions below to see how to build it:
- Check the ports on the back of your printer and computer to see what kind of cables are needed to make the connection.
- In general, there are three types of printer cables: USB AB cable, Ethernet cable, and parallel cable.
3. Attach the cable to your printer and computer.
When you complete this step, your computer will automatically detect your printer and install the corresponding driver. If not, read on and see how to manually configure the printer on your computer.
Step 2: Configure the printer settings
Check which Windows operating system you are on, and then follow the instructions below to configure the printer on your computer:
- Add your printer to your Windows 7 computer.
- Install a printer to your computer running Windows 10.
Add your printer to your Windows 7 computer
- Turn on your printer.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and select Devices and Printers.
3. Click Add Printer.
4. If your printer is connected to your computer via cable, select Add a local printer; Or, choose to Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the add-on driver for your printer.
You can use the printer after completing this step. In order for your printer to run smoothly, it is essential that you always have the newest proper drivers for your printer. See step 3 on how to do this.
Add a printer to your computer running Windows 10
- Turn on your printer.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and click on the settings button.
3. Click on Devices.
4. Select Printers and Scanners, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.
5. Select the printer you want and click Add device.
6. Wait for your computer to install the corresponding driver for your printer. Read on and see the next step to see how printer drivers are updated automatically.
Read More: How to clean a mousepad without damaging it
Step 3: Update your printer driver
- Download and install Driver Booster from their website.
- After installing, open the app, click on scan to check all the outdated drivers.
- After scanning, the app will display a list of outdated drivers found on a computer.
- Click on update all to update the outdated drivers. this may take 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of drivers being installed.
- After all the drivers have been updated, restart your computer to make changes into effect.
Hope you are able to use your Brother printer without any issues. If you have any solutions you would like to share, tell us in the comments below.