It’s convenient to have a tool that allows you to change your location online at any time, but how do you do it? VPNs, on the other hand, are popular and simple-to-use cybersecurity technologies that let you to change your location to practically anyplace on the planet. Continue reading to learn how to obtain and utilize a VPN location changer.
VPN Location Changer: How does it work?
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, disguises your true location by routing your traffic through a server located elsewhere. This is how it works:
- Your VPN software allows you to choose a server from any location where your VPN service has servers.
- When you connect to the server you’ve chosen, your app will create an encrypted tunnel around all of your device’s traffic. That VPN tunnel will connect directly to your chosen server, which will decrypt and transfer your communication to its final destination. Your IP address, on the other hand, which is used to determine your location and identity, will now be that of the server. Yours will be kept concealed from the rest of the world.
- That’s it; anyone looking for your location using your IP address will now view your location as the server’s location. You can continue to use the program and switch your VPN server to new locations at any time. You may see your online location here to see if your VPN Location Changer is working.
Why would I want to change my location?
With only a simple IP lookup, anyone who knows your public IP can learn a lot about you. So an IP location changer can be used in a variety of ways.
- When shopping, compare pricing: Some websites charge different costs to users from different countries. You may hop around the world and hunt for the greatest deal by utilizing a VPN to change your location.
- Hide your identity from trackers: If you’re connecting from home, your location is a key factor in determining your online identity. You can avoid unpleasant internet services that try to track your position by masking your location.
- Why Practicing freedom of speech: For any privacy-conscious internet user, hiding your IP address is a must. It’s especially crucial for journalists covering sensitive topics or anyone else worried about their whereabouts being discovered online.
These are just a few of the advantages of moving your location. One of the most crucial methods to keep secure and private online is to use a VPN. To learn more about how VPNs work and why they’re useful, go here.
If you opt to search the internet for a free IP changer, keep in mind that the majority of them will record and sell your information. A VPN service is not cheap to maintain. So, if a supplier claims to be able to change your IP address for free online, be skeptical. They’ll either con you or capture your personal information and sell it to the highest bidder. Stay away from free VPNs if you want to be safe.
Is it possible to alter my location with simply a VPN?
There are a few additional options for changing your IP address and so concealing your location.
- Making use of a proxy server: In general, it functions similarly to a VPN. A proxy operates as a go-between, connecting to the website on your behalf and sending it the proxy’s address rather than your own. The primary distinction is that, unlike a VPN, a proxy does not encrypt your connection. A proxy, by definition, must modify your IP address, and that’s it. In general, VPN services come with greater functionality.
- Using Tor (The Onion Router): It operates by routing your messages across a network of nodes located all over the world. Because each node only knows the nodes that came before it and after it, tracing the initial connection back to you is challenging. Because the Tor network sends you through at least three nodes, it has a significant negative impact on your internet speed.
While proxy and Tor are alternatives to using a VPN to mask your IP address, they also include VPN functions. VPN, for instance, offers proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox. They also encrypt your surfing data, unlike other proxy services.
How to use a VPN to alter your IP address
You alter your IP address when you utilize a virtual private network to change your location. Here are the steps you need to take to change your IP:
- Get a VPN subscription. You can find VPN subscription plans here.
- Download the VPN app to your device.
- Launch the application and enter your credentials to log in.
- Click the “Quick connect” button to connect to the best remote server in seconds.
- That’s all, your IP address and location have been changed!
Simply tap the country pin to change your VPN server to, say, the United States, and VPN’s sophisticated algorithm will pick the quickest server accessible.
There are a few different ways to use VPN as a VPN Location Changer. You can download a proxy extension for Chrome or Firefox or install it on your router. In reality, VPN works with practically every device and may even be installed on your router.