Getting a virtual number is a decent choice due to its exceptional features, especially when interacting with customers worldwide, where mobility and availability play a major role.
The difference between a VN and a landline one
Virtual and landline numbers are common methods of communication in modern business. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages but many people choose Canadian virtual phone numbers for some reasons.
- Digital solutions can be located anywhere, it’s not tied to a geographic position, while a landline has a determined location and is limited geographically.
- SIP requires an Internet connection and VoIP devices. A telephone line and a landline are essential for an appropriate solution.
- VN is easily scalable depending on business needs, it does not require additional communication lines. Landline’s limited scalability requires additional communication lines to increase the number of features and numbers.
- SIP solution supports video calls as well as voice calls, while the opponent supports voice calls only.
A virtual number is a decent choice due to its exceptional features, especially when interacting with customers worldwide, where mobility and availability play a major role.
Advantages and disadvantages of a VN for business
The mentioned number has its advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before deciding to use it.
- One of the main advantages of an online number is saving on calls. The calls go through an Internet connection so their cost is much lower than traditional telephony. You will use a single VN and many lines instead of paying for each line.
- Imagine that you have 20 employees, each of whom needs a landline. If you use regular telephony, there’s a need to buy and install 20 phones and pay for installation and hosting fees. Thus, the company owner gets significant financial costs. This money can be saved with a Canadian virtual phone number. It’s simple to use VoIP software and set up a single server to handle all calls. Employees can use their computers or smartphones to make calls and internal ones between them will be free.
- You can add new workers and numbers without having to buy additional equipment or expand the phone system. Simply add new accounts to the VoIP program and your employees can start calling.
- The Freezvon provider offers different tariffs. Moreover, you will pay only for the functionality that you use constantly. This will allow optimizing costs for communication services.
- You can work with an online number from anywhere where there is access to the Internet. This allows you to organize a remote office or branch without contacting telephone operators, create virtual departments and branches located in various cities, and expand your business without losing customers.
- You can quickly change the settings of your VN and add or remove lines without having to buy new equipment. In addition, a Canadian number also allows for managing and monitoring incoming calls, defining call routing rules, and setting voice menu mode. These capabilities greatly increase the efficiency of call handling in your company. Such numbers can also be used to support conferencing and collaboration services such as screen sharing, which can be particularly useful for businesses with a distributed workforce.
Cloud communications are becoming increasingly popular in the business environment. Moreover, this is not just a temporary trend. The development of technology and the increase in the speed of Internet connections make virtual numbers even more accessible and convenient to use. Many companies are already switching to this technology and its popularity is only growing.