Discord is a popular streaming platform for gamers to Livestream games for the audience. Discord Screen share not working issues reported by discord where it just displays a blank screen instead of the actual screen that was set for streaming. We are here to fix that.
Table of Contents
1. Check if the game is added on Discord
First, check if you have added the game you are trying to share in Discord
- Launch Discord and the game you want to share
- Settings in the Discord
- Game Activity on the left side.
- Click on Add it to add a game
- Click on select to choose the game you want
- Press the Add game button
- Also, turn on the game overlay toggle.
2. Delete the Discard Cache folder
Discord uses your account preferences and also generates temporary data while streaming online to ensure that the same settings are used as selected in the app. Since there is a possibility of conflict between the old new user account preferences it’s best to clear out old data and let it auto-generate with fresh settings preselected for optimum performance.
- Exit discord completely by closing all the processes from the task manager.
- Press the Windows key, type run, and open the app.
- In the dialogue box, enter “%appdata%” and hit
- Now the roaming directory will open, locate the discord folder, right-click on it and delete.
3. Disable the option to use our latest technology
It may be the case that discord’s latest technology may not be compatible with the system. Hence, it’s better to disable it.
- Click the Settings button at the bottom left of the window.
- Select the Voice & Video tab.
- Turn to Use the latest technology to capture your screen settings off if turned on initially.
4. Disable hardware acceleration
- If you are using a laptop with lower specs, try disabling hardware acceleration.
- Open Discord, click on
- Click on Appearance on the left of the window.
- Disable hardware acceleration if currently enabled.
5. Run Discord and Game as administrator
- To run Discord as admin, right-click on the app and select run as administrator.
- After that, right-click on the game, select Run as Administrator as the context menu option.
- Check if the issue is solved.
6. Reinstall Discord
- Uninstall discord from windows.
- Then delete some remaining data. Open Run (Win key + R).
- Enter %appdata% in the run and click the OK
- Select the Discord folder and click the Delete
- After that, launch run again and type %localappdata% click OK to open the local folder.
- Right-click on the Local Discord folder and select Delete.
- After that, restart Windows.
- Download the latest setup from discord and install.
- Check if the problem is solved.
7. Make sure the game is not in full-screen mode
Discord does not support Full-screen games as of now, so make sure that you run the game in Windowed mode or try lowering the resolution.
The above-mentioned solutions should definitely help in fixing your Discord Screen share errors. Comment below on what worked for you.
Read More: Is your Discord search not working?