So, you have a server, and you want to recommend a music to people, what will you do? You think of sharing links, but its too mainstream since everyone will listen in their own time. How about listening something collectively? In that case, meet groovy, the music bot for discord.
What is Groovy?
Groovy is one of the ways where you can stream your music online and share collectively to people on your Discord Server. It supports various music websites compared to other bot, while also supporting wide range of commands. Getting started with Groovy is simple, and it does not require you to sign up for any service. What’s more? It’s free of cost! Though it still has option for premium functionality.
Why should I use Groovy?
- One of the most stable music bots available for Discord.
- No sign in required
- Lag free and easy to use
- Comes with a host of features, including changing the bot’s output volume
- Supports various audio effects like Bass boost, night core, vaporwave, and so on.
How can I add Groovy?
Adding Groovy bot to your Discord is extremely easy. Just follow the steps
Step 1: Go to Groovy.bot website.
Step 2: On the website, click on “Add to discord” button
Step 3: After that, give access to groovy of your discord account
Step 4: That’s it, you have added Groovy successfully in your discord server. Now start listening!
How to use Groovy Bot?
Using groovy bot is simple than you think, the developers have released tutorials on how to use Groovy, you can check that as well. For now, lets go through the steps:
Step 1: To start using the Groovy, you need to join a voice channel first.
Step 2: After that, use the –play command to tell Groovy to play a song.
Step 3: Once you enter the command the music bot will automatically go ahead and join your voice channel and start playing your requested song.
How to Play Spotify music with Groovy Bot?
It’s really straightforward to play Spotify on groovy, due to its easy to use interface, one can play music through Spotify, very easily via groovy.
Step 1: Open Spotify and select the song that you want to play with Groovy.
Step 2: Next, click on the more, then click on share and copy the playlist link.
Step 3: Now open up your discord server and paste the link followed by –play command
Step 4: Happy listening!
List of Groovy Bot Commands
Groovy can be used for different tasks such as playing, pausing, resume and changing tracks. Simply go through these following commands and take charge of your music:
- Start playing music, or adds to the queue: -play [link or search query]
- Play the attached file: -play file
- To make the bot join: -join
- Displays the queue: -queue
- Skip to next song: -next
- Skip back: -back
- Removes all tracks from the queue: -clear
- Skips to the specified track: -jump [track position or title]
- Displays lyrics for the playing track: -lyrics
- Pause playback: -pause
- Resumes playback: -resume
- Removes the specified track from the queue: -remove [track position or title]
- Disconnects the bot from your voice channel and clears the queue: -disconnect
- Randomizes the tracks in the queue: -shuffle
- Displays info about the specified track in the queue: -song [song]
So that was our take on Groovy Music bot. It’s one of the bst platform for music lovers and can make a community more engaging as well. Music is loved by all, so why not listen it together?