A major eCommerce software development project can make a splash in a booming industry, can’t it? If you are interested in this, we will provide you with information about the features and trends in the e-commerce industry. In addition, you will learn about the key features of e-commerce that will help with the implementation of the project.
Table of Contents
What is eCommerce Software Development?
eCommerce is buying or selling services and goods over the internet. If a sale or purchase is between a business and a customer, such e-commerce is referred to as B2C. If the exchange of goods occurs between two enterprises, then this is B2B e-commerce. eCommerce software development helps to implement both B2C and B2B e-commerce business models, making it essential to increase the profitability of any company.
The eCommerce Software Development Trends
Knowing the trends that will determine the development of the entire industry in the next few years can help set the right course for your company. So what follows is a look at some emerging eCommerce solution development trends that will shape retail in 2023.
Migration to Online D2C
Direct-to-consumer (D2C) is not a completely new business model. However, more and more wholesalers will focus on selling directly to the buyer through online stores. A case in point is Nike, which, back in 2019, took the risky step of cutting ties with Amazon. This allowed the company to make its products available to customers not through an intermediary site but directly through its own website and mobile application. As a result, a 30% increase in sales in the midst of the coronavirus crisis.
In 2022, digital shopping is no longer just browsing apps and websites to shop and add items to your shopping cart. Retailers are now profiting from live-streaming, which combines both promotion and instant selling of recommended products to live streamers. This is most popular among commercial platforms that sell cosmetics, clothing, and food. Most often, sellers conduct Livestream shopping on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, which are the platforms preferred by their audience.
Shoppable Video Ads
This new eCommerce trend is similar to a form of interactive advertising. Unlike regular video ads, this one contains interactive elements, such as a product tag. This will redirect the audience to a landing page where they can learn more about the product they saw in the ad. In addition, these interactive ads can be immediately added to your shopping cart, allowing you to purchase a product or service directly from the video itself.
Thus, interactive video marketing has become one of the promising trends in e-commerce, which helps companies to increase the level of audience engagement and return on investment. Comparing interactive and regular video ads shows that the first format delivers much higher engagement and conversion rates. In addition, such a tool allows companies to get more detailed data on the effectiveness of advertising compared to traditional likes, shares, and comments.
Key Features of eCommerce Platform
Some features are vital for an online e-commerce platform, whether that platform is targeted at individual consumers or is a large B2B corporation. Here are some of the features your site should include:
- Inventory management. Your eCommerce platform should allow you to track your inventory levels in real-time.
- All of your software must be secure, which may include an SSL certificate or payment gateway encryption.
- Mobile optimization. Most consumers can use mobile devices to place orders online. You risk losing your customers if your platform is not optimized or configured for mobile users.
- Providing support. You can judge a company by its customer support. So before choosing an eCommerce platform, ensure it can help your customers troubleshoot.
- Convenient interface. Clickable images and ease of design can help your customers get to grips with your site faster. The key to the user-friendly design is to help people get what they want in the fewest steps.
Things Should Be Consider When Developing eCommerce Solution
You should be aware of some things when designing an eCommerce Website:
- Optimization before and during eCommerce website development. Speaking of site loading speed, this is a very important factor that greatly impacts the number of visitors. Where people used to click on a link and wait for it to load, now they can opt-out of checking a website with a slow loading speed altogether. For this reason, the services of an software testing company are essential for any platform.
- Payment options. Adding a huge number of payment methods does not make any sense, so it’s worth focusing on a few of the most significant ones.
- Think about registration and related questions. Registration, of course, is an essential component for any site. However, consider adding a guest checkout feature to your eCommerce site. Some people will prefer to avoid registering for a single order, so you should accept these people.
- MS integration. The management system will help you manage all your content. Thanks to it, you can edit or add new information. Changes will be automatically reflected on the website after publication.
When developing an e-commerce solution, there are a huge number of parameters to consider. It’s not easy, even if you’re using WordPress, e-commerce plugins, or other software. If you decide to hire an eCommerce website development company, then it is important to make sure that you choose the one that will help you create the perfect online store in terms of functionality and design, and at the same time, it should suit you.