Google’s Chrome browser is one of the most popular browsers in the world today. One reason for that is that it is fast. However, users have complained about the error message “Allow Chrome to access the network in the firewall”. Although this error is widespread among Chrome users, it should not be a concern. We have listed the causes and solutions to the problems associated with this network.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall.
Many factors contribute to this particular problem. The problem may be related to the network. However, your web browser may display an error message as a result of other issues.
In this case, the error may be due to:
- The Firewall blocks your browser.
- Your antivirus software prevents Chrome from accessing your network.
- VPN adapters are not set up correctly.
Read More: How to turn on Chrome OS Developer mode?
How do I allow Chrome to access the network in my Firewall?
Some methods are useful in solving this problem. However, we recommend that you start with a simple, quick-fix first. If that doesn’t work, you can move on to more complex ones.
Trying to restart your computer is a quick fix. A simple reboot will refresh the settings of your operating system and remove corrupted data. This is an essential solution for most computer problems. However, if the reboot fails to resolve the issue, proceed to other steps.
Other alternatives you can use to solve this problem:
Solution 1: Add Chrome to the Windows Firewall Exceptions list
It is essential to verify that the Firewall is responsible for preventing Google Chrome from connecting to the Internet. To do this, follow these steps.
- From the options in the Search Results menu, click “Allow an app through the Windows Firewall.”
- Tap the “Change settings” option, then click “Allow another application”.
- Click on Google Chrome. Next, select “Add”.
- Select “OK” to finish adding Google Chrome to Windows Firewall.
Solution 2: Make an exception on Avast Antivirus firewall
If you use Avast Web Shield, you can solve this problem by following these steps:
- Select Avast Antivirus settings.
- Click on Avast Protections.
- Click on the customization link to open a new window. You will find this link near the web shield.
- From the left side of the menu, click on Exception Options.
- Type the URL of the antivirus blocked website. Next, select Add to include the URL.
- Click OK to save these changes. Launch Chrome and try to access the website and check for any improvements.
Solution 3: Disable the web shield (Avast)
If previous fixes fail to resolve the issue, we will suspend your web shield. After that, you should check if there is any progress. To pause the web shield, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Active Protection menu.
- Toggle the web shield switch to turn off protection.
- Check if this fixes the problem.
Solution 4: Change your Chrome settings
- In your Chrome browser, place three dots vertically in the upper right corner of your right hand. Click on these dots; You will see the settings menu; Click on it.
- On the left-hand side, click Advanced to navigate and expand.
- Click on Reset and Clean-up; after that, click on Restore settings to original defaults.
Note: Resetting will remove all your bookmarks and cookies, saved passwords, and history. Therefore, you should pay attention to the crucial passwords and settings before your reset.
Solution 5: Disable your VPN network adapters in Device Manager
- Search for Device Manager in the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Develop network adapters.
- Locate the VPN adapter and right-click to disable it.
How can I allow Chrome to access the network on a McAfee personal firewall?
There are situations when Chrome fails to connect the Firewall to your network. This can be due to McAfee personal firewall. In this case, you can back up and run your Chrome by following these steps.
- First, go to the McAfee icon in your Windows taskbar and right-click on it. Select Change Settings and click on Firewall.
- From the options provided, click on Internet Connections for Programs.
- Select the program you want to access and select Edit. You can add the desired program by clicking on the Add option.
- Navigate to access incoming and Outgoing. Selecting this will allow both incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Search for the drop-down menu, and then select Use designated ports. These ports should work in most applications.
- Alternatively, you can select “Open ports for home and work networks” or “Open for all devices”.
- Carefully review the Tour Net Guard options. This section is essential because it can block traffic for specific applications.
Read More: What is Instup.exe and how to fix it?
There are several reasons why Chrome may not be able to access the network. One of them, Chrome not added to the firewall exception list or Allowing Chrome to access the web on a firewall is. First, we advise you to try restarting your device; If that doesn’t work, you can try more advanced steps.