It’s really annoying when you want to play Minecraft, but the Minecraft launcher wont open! Do not worry, try the solutions below so that you can get your game back working again.
If you do not know if your computer is meeting the system requirement of Minecraft. This may be the cause of the crash, you should check Minecraft system requirements first.
Solution 1: Terminate the Minecraft process
If the launcher is closed after clicking the Play button, but the game does not start, you can open the Task Manager to end the task manually. Restarting ‘Minecraft launcher won’t open‘ may fix the problem.
Some users have mentioned that there will be two MinecraftLauncher.exe when this problem appears. You must terminate both tasks and reboot the game.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, right-click on Minecraft and select End Task.
3. Restart to see if Minecraft is working properly.
If you see two MinecraftLauncher.exe, after ending the task, you open the settings in the launcher and select “Keep the launcher open while the game is running”. There will be two scenarios
- Launcher not responding. You can close it and Minecraft will work as usual.
- The launcher is responsive and open and Minecraft works well.
To get the best gaming experience and improve computer performance, it is recommended that you update your drivers.
Read More: Where are Minecraft screenshots saved?
Solution 2: Run Minecraft as an administrator
Lack of privileges can cause this problem. With high integrity access, Minecraft can take full advantage of its features, so run Minecraft as an administrator to see if it solves your problem.
Just Right click on Minecraft and select Run as Administrator.
Start Minecraft and check if it works properly.
Solution 3: Use compatibility mode
Games created for previous versions of Windows work on the latest version of Windows 10, but some work poorly or do not start. Compatibility mode Windows allows games to use settings from previous versions of Windows, which can help you solve the problem of starting Minecraft.
- Right-click on your Minecraft and select Properties.
- Select the box in the Compatibility tab Run this program in compatibility mode.
- In the drop-down menu, select Operating System.
- Click Apply then on OK.
- Start Minecraft and check if it works properly.
Solution 4: Remove mods
Different mods are available for Minecraft and mods are commonly used while playing Minecraft. However, modes can sometimes change the behavior of your game and cause unknown problems. So, if you use modes while playing Minecraft, remove all the mods you have installed.
If your game works well, the problem is definitely due to the mods. You can check the mods one by one to see what is causing the problem. If your problem still persists, do not worry. There is something else to try.
Solution 5: Update your graphic drivers
- Download and install IObit Driver Booster from their website.
- After installing, open the app, click on scan to check all the outdated drivers.
- After scanning, the app will display a list of outdated drivers found on a computer.
- Click on update all to update the outdated drivers. this may take 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of drivers being installed.
- After all the drivers have been updated, restart your computer to make changes into effect.
Solution 6: Reinstall Minecraft
If you do not know what the problem is, reinstalling Minecraft can fix the issue. This common and useful method has helped many users
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft.
- Double click to uninstall Minecraft.
3. Download and install the latest version of Minecraft.
4. Start Minecraft and check if it works properly.
The above-mentioned solutions should definitely help in fixing the Minecraft crash issue. Comment below which method worked for you.