The market is full of software that intends to extract media content from a disc to a PC or a blank disc. But, some software only offers basic converting choices for DVD to digital format. So, let’s read the entire article to get the answer to “how to copy a DVD to my computer” without spending an amount.
There is a misapprehension that services dominate the way people consume video material. But the truth is that most people are still looking for the best and most free DVD Copy programs to digitize their collections over time or create duplicates by copying between discs.
The market is full of software that intends to extract media content from a disc to a PC or a blank disc. If you have a comprehensive collection of old DVDs, you should check to see if a copier can scan and understand the content from scratched and broken discs.
This is because some software only offers basic converting choices for DVD to digital format. That is why we are going here to help you by mentioning some standard and free options which are supportive enough to handle tricky situations without any problems.
So, let’s read the entire article to get the answer to “how to copy a DVD to my computer” without spending an amount.
Table of Contents
How to Copy A DVD to My Computer – 3 Best Free Software 2022
1. DVDFab DVD Copy Software – Best Recommendation
Price: Free, $39.99
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, IOS
This is the first recommendation based on our personal uses. DVDFab DVD Copy is a professional program to copy the secured DVDs to your computer. This quick, trustworthy, and naïve-user program will help you to copy the commercial DVD or others which are data secured.
It is efficient enough to remove most copy securities like CSS, APS, RC, DADC, and Cinavia. Besides this, DVDFab will decode any latest or prevalent encoded content with a few clicks. Its cloud-based decoding technology will let you stream your desired media immediately. The program will allow you to compress any size without hurting the real quality.
Further, it will allow you to create ISO from DVD, duplicate a DVD to a hard drive, or burn another DVD from ISO, etc. Above all, the program comes with 6 different copy modes to select from, one according to your preferences. Now, it’s time to look up its unique functions;
- You will meet it with different copy modes, including Full Disc, Main Movie, Merge, DVD, Blu-ray, and Customize.
- There is a virtual task monitoring functionality for mobile phones.
- The free version is available for one month with all open features and accessibility.
- Without caring about the total number of files, it is always openly accessible to copy and back up.
- Users can also modify and rip DVD subtitles with original quality.
- DVDFab DVD Copy is fast and free to use.
- It supports copying DVDs to ISO and Video_TS files.
- You will not get the support of MKV copying of H265/HEVC and UHD 4K video.
How to copy a DVD to my computer using DVDFab DVD Copy?
- Download and install DVDFab DVD Copy and upload the source
Double-click DVDFab 12 (the latest version) and select the copy option after it’s working. Now load the DVD that you want to back up. You can also hit the “Add button” to navigate the source DVD. For ISO or a folder source, it provides drag-and-drop ease.
- Choose the copy mode and change the DVD set.
Go to the left pane and choose the required copy mode and final DVD size. It will also allow you to set the volume label and customize copy choices. In the end, choose the final path.
- Click to start copying the DVD.
Click on the “Start Button” to start the copying process per your needs. The program will finalize the process at lightning speed and with excellent quality. However, you can pause or cancel the process or set your PC to shut down automatically after completing the copy.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, IOS, Linux
HandBrake is the best program to renovate your DVDs into formats like MP4, MKV, and WebM that can be played on a PC. This free and open-source program will efficiently copy homemade DVDs without requiring any decoding.
This program makes it easy to customize the frame and bit rates and make your videos within minutes.
- It is free software for irregular users.
- You can copy a DVD to a hard drive in MP4, WebM, MKV, and other formats.
- You cannot create an ISO image or VIDEO_TS folder using it.
This freeware DVD Copy and burning program support giants of DVD blank discs. It will allow you to copy an image file to a disk. It will also permit you to write your source file to a physical disk, whether ISO, DVD, CCD, DI, NDS, NRG, or PDI.
- You can create a Blu-ray disk through a remote device.
- Moreover, multiple images can be queued and processed at once, and the images being processed are displayed in the log window.
- It will not allow you to copy DVDs into MP4 and MKV or choose titles to copy.
The availability of different DVD copy software makes it hard to find the right one. So this article will help you to choose the best one according to your needs. We sorted out the best choices in the market to give you a clear line for easy decision-making. It is also obviously clear that DVDFab DVD Copy is the best overall time and overall tool to fulfill your DVD copying requirements. It has different copy modes and advanced features that no other program can offer freely. Besides this, it provides super-fast speed along with real quality.