Netflix Error code M7111-1331-5059 shows when you try to view Netflix shows only licensed to displayed to users in a specific location with a block or proxy.
We encountered this error; we were able to fix it with the tips described in this post and you will be surprised that error code m7111-1331-5059 is very easy to fix.
First, what is the error code m7111-1331-5059?
According to Netflix’s statement “If your computer encounters an error code M7111-5059, it indicates that our systems have detected that you are connecting via a VPN, proxy or” block “service.”
What does that mean?
When you connect to the Internet using a VPN or other means to hide your original location for security purposes; However, because Netflix uses geo-blocking (to ensure that users can only access content specific to their locations) it detects and blocks VPNs and IP ranges used by the VPNs.
Therefore, you cannot stream on Netflix if you use a VPN or any other service to bypass the security used to identify your location.
Read More: Getting Netflix Download Limit error?
Why is Netflix Geo-blocking you?
Netflix adheres to their licensing agreements for streaming content, for example, Netflix may have a license for streaming content only in the USA, the same right order to stream in Europe or Asia maybe with a different provider.
Geo-blocking allows Netflix to filter location based on your IP address and blocks content if it detects that you are streaming content intended for other locations.
How to fix your error code m7111-1331-5059
Now that you understand why Netflix is showing you the error, we will go over the tips to help you avoid the error code m7111-1331-5059. Make sure you follow the solutions to fix your error code and streaming content on Netflix:
Determining the locations at which your content is available.
Go to unogs.com, it’s a website that displays the location where your content is potentially available. Sometimes it’s available in multiple countries.
Using the best VPN for Netflix
We tested various VPN services on Netflix to find and filter the best VPN services that help to stream with the highest quality.
Find the top 5 VPNs that work for Netflix here (tested in October 2019)
What to do next:
Now that you know which VPN works on Netflix, follow these simple steps:
- Sign up with one of the five VPNs listed above.
- Download and install the VPN app. Make sure it is the right version for your operating system!
- Open the VPN application and select the server in the country where you want to stream the content.
- Netflix will no longer have access to previously saved data by clearing your cache and cookies.
- Open Netflix and look for geo-controlled content. It should be unblocked right now! If not, don’t worry, it works well on another server.
Can you use a Free VPN to stream Netflix?
We strongly advise you to stay away from local VPN service providers as they do not work consistently with Netflix and you may receive error code m7111-1331-5059.
Disable proxy settings
If you do not use any VPN service and still encounter error code m7111-1331-5059, you may be connected to the Internet using proxy servers. Disable proxy connection from your computer and try to open Netflix.
To disable proxy server settings please follow the steps below:
- Open run by Pressing Win key + R and then type “inetcpl.cpl”. Press Enter.
- In the internet properties menu, go to the Connections tab, click on LAN Settings,
- Uncheck “Use a proxy server for LAN”.
Clear your browsing data
You may sometimes experience a Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 due to data stored on your system, please follow these steps to clear your browsing data:
- Open history by pressing Ctrl + H.
- Click on clear browsing data.
- A window appears, in that click on Advanced
- In Time range, click on All time and tick all the boxes you see.
- Click on Clear Data.
- After this, restart your browser and check if the issue is resolved.
We hope the troubleshooting guide has fixed your Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059, however, if you still encounter the error, you should contact your Internet Service Provider and explain the possible error to them and they will resolve the issue.