You wanted to play fallout 4 and it plays back on you. That’s not the scenario you would expect but that happened. So, what should you do? You follow the steps for the error “fallout 4 crash on startup”.
Why does Fallout 4 crash on startup?
There are multiple scenarios where users have reported their game is crashing. Some reported fallout 4 crash on startup, some on the loading screen, and for some, it’s randomly after few minutes.
1. Install the latest patch
The bugs in the game can cause crashes, so the developers are releasing the latest updates for the game which improve the performance, stability, and security of applications running on your computer. Installing them ensures that your software works safely and efficiently.
So, you need to check the latest patch for Fallout 4 on your computer and install the newest patch to keep your game up to date.
After the update, restart your computer and open Fallout 4 to see if the crash issues are resolved.
2. Set the graphics options to low
As you know, video settings in your game can cause Fallout 4 to crash on your Windows computer, so you need to focus on your Fallout 4 graphics settings to fix the problem.
You can set your Fallout 4 to Windows mode and change to lower video settings in the Graphics menu in your game (if it’s crashing during the game)
3. Update your graphic drivers
- Download and install Driver Booster from their website.
- After installing, open the app, click on scan to check all the outdated drivers.
- After scanning, the app will display a list of outdated drivers found on a computer.
- Click on update all to update the outdated drivers. this may take 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of drivers being installed.
- After all the drivers have been updated, restart your computer to make changes into effect.
Read More: How to Uninstall Heroes of The Storm
4. Disable antivirus program
As everyone knows, your computer’s antivirus program is not compatible with your Steam games, including Fallout 4. So, you can check your antivirus program. To do so, follow these steps:
- Suspend antivirus programs installed on your computer.
- Open your Fallout 4 running on your computer.
- If your Fallout 4 works normally, the antivirus might be causing the issue and you should add Fallout 4 as an exception in your antivirus program.
If the problem persists, try the following method.
5. Configure your Fallout 4 settings
Sometimes incorrect settings in your Fallout 4 can lead to a crash problem. You should check the settings below:
- Check your current computer resolution and resolution set on Fallout 4. Make sure that both are set with the same values.
- Go to your Fallout 4 graphics adapter and resolution settings and click on window mode and borderless.
3. Click on Disable Video Intro.
4. Uncheck Enable God Rays in your Fallout 4 settings.
5. Save the settings and restart your Fallout to check if the issue is resolved.
Has your fallout 4 started working? Comment below and tell us which method worked for you
Also Read: 3 Methods To Fix Valorant Error Code 57