You may have a great internet connection, that doesn’t stop Spotify Error code 4. If you have a membership for Spotify, we understand your pain. Let us help you fix it.
What is Spotify error code 4 exactly?
Spotify error code 4 is primarily related to no connection with the DNS server provided by your ISP. As a result, the app thinks there is no internet even if there is. For that, we need to fix connection-related problems with our devices.
1. Allow Spotify through the firewall
- Click on the start menu and type firewall
- Click on Firewall and Network protection
- On navigating below, click on Allow app through firewall
- A window will open, click on change settings
- Now locate Spotify and check the box under private and click OK
2. Disable your antivirus
Many times, an antivirus may be the reason to block Spotify from accessing the internet. In order to check that, try disabling your antivirus and Launch Spotify again to see if the issue is solved.
3. Change your DNS settings
This is one of the effective methods that can help in resolving issues once and for all. Follow the steps correctly:
- Go to the start menu and type network.
- Click on the network status
- At the bottom, click on Change Adapter Settings
- Right Click on your network that you use to browse the internet
- Click on properties
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > select Properties
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses
- Enter Preferred DNS server to 8.8.8 > Alternate DNS server to 22.214.171.124
- Click OK and check if the Spotify issue was repaired.
4. Change Spotify app proxy settings
- Launch Spotify, click on settings
- Click on show advanced settings
- In proxy settings, choose Auto Select from the drop-down menu and then click update proxy
5. Reinstall Spotify
Last but not the least, reinstall Spotify. There may be an issue with the app itself or there might be a new software update released by the developer. It is better to uninstall the app completely (don’t forget to backup the playlists) and reinstall it again. Check if the issue is solved.
These are some fixes that can help you in solving the Fix Spotify Error Code 4. Hope this helps. Comment below which method has worked for you.