You and your friends are playing games together on the internet. We can only hear friends chatting from your headset and you cannot join them because your Corsair HS50 Mic not working. You must be very disappointed. Do not worry, you can use the solutions in this article to solve this problem.
Before you begin:
Check your device first
Check your device’s connection: The mic on the Corsair HS50 is removable, so check your mic connection. If your PC / Laptop does not use 2-in-1 mic / stereo jacks, you will need to use a Y-Cable to plug them into the appropriate jacks separately.
Make sure you haven’t muted the mic in the left ear cup.
Plug your headset into another device for testing (eg your mobile phone):
- If your microphone does not work properly, it could be a problem with your mic boom. You should then contact Corsair for support or service your headset.
- If it works well on another device it is definitely not a problem for your device. Try the solutions below.
Here are the solutions if your Corsair HS50 Mic does not work:
Fix 1: Turn on the microphone in Windows settings
You must allow access to the Windows 10 system and application before using your headset microphone. To check this:
- Windows logo key + I press together. Then click Privacy.
- Click the microphone in the left panel.
- Click Edit, and then make sure Microphone access for this device is toggled on.
- Toggle Allows apps to access your microphone to On.
- Test your Corsair HS50 mic and see if the issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Change the audio settings on your PC
If there is something wrong with your driver, there is a problem with the audio settings on your PC. You can try changing your audio settings to resolve this issue.
- Right-click on the volume icon on the bottom right of the taskbar and click on Sounds.
- Click on the Recording tab and check if your microphone is set to default. (Next to it is a green checkmark, and the Set Defaults button should be grayed out.) If your mic is not the default device, click Set Default.
- Note: The device name may not appear as a microphone and the icon is not the shape of the microphone on your computer.
- Click on your default microphone and then the Properties button.
- Click on the Levels tab and drag the slider to the maximum value. You can drag and drop the slider to adjust and adjust your microphone.
- Click OK to save your settings.
Now that the microphone of your headset is set to default and you have increased the volume of the microphone, test it and see if it works. If so, you have solved the problem.
Fix 3: Update your Audio Driver
There is a possibility that your audio drivers may get corrupted or outdated that can cause conflict between the audio card and your Corsair HS50. Updating drivers can help
- Download and install IObit Driver Booster from their website.
- After installing, open the app, click on scan to check all the outdated drivers.
- After scanning, the app will display a list of outdated drivers found on a computer.
- Click on update all to update the outdated drivers. this may take 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of drivers being installed.
- After all the drivers have been updated, restart your computer to make changes into effect.
The above-mentioned solutions should definitely help in fixing Corsair HS50 mic not working issue. Comment below which method worked for you.