For gamers, discord is a serious matter. And since now Discord not opening, the developers are receiving a large number of complaints regarding the app not launching in Windows. We can help you in fixing it.
1. Kill discord app process
Many times, even after closing discord, it is not terminated completely and keeps running in the background. As a result, the app doesn’t open as its process was already running.
From Task Manager
- Launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- On the process tab, right-click on Discord App and click on end task
- Restart discord
From Command Prompt
- Click on the start menu and type CMD
- Enter the command: taskkill /F /IM discord.exe.
- After the process is complete. Relaunch discord
2. Clear app data and Local App data
- Close discord as mentioned above
- Launch Run the app by pressing (Windows key + R)
- Type %appdata%. Inbox and press enter
- A window will open, locate the Discord folder and delete it
- The same has to be done for Local App data, open run, type %localappdata%, and find discord folder and delete it
3. Check proxies
A VPN can cause issues while connecting to the discord server. Here’s how to disable it
- On the Start menu, type internet options and hit enter
- In the connections tab, click on LAN settings
- Under the proxy server section, make sure to uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN. Click OK
- Relaunch Discord
4. Other possible general fixes
- Update your windows and Discord App
- Make sure the time zone is correct as per your location, and the time zone setting is set to automatic.
- Right-click on time at the bottom right of the screen, click on Adjust Date/Time.
- Then click on Set time automatically
- Open web version of Discord. Some users have reported that logging in to the web version of discord will reset the app activity and will be able to launch again.
- If nothing works, reinstall discord. That always works!
Above mentioned solutions should definitely help in solving your Discord not opening issue. Comment below which method worked for you.