Discord has been facing a number of errors lately. One of them is discord audio keeps cutting out from the stream randomly. This create problem with users who are using continuous communication while gaming or streaming media.
How to Fix Discord Audio Cutting issue?
1. Update your Windows 10 audio drivers
- Press the Win + X keys on your keyboard and click on Device Manager option.
- Toggle the Voice, Video and Game Controllers option inside the Device Manager window.
- The exact options you see in the drop-down menu will vary depending on your system settings.
- Right-click on System Audio Driver (usually a high definition audio device) and then click Update Driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated audio driver software and wait for the process to complete.
If you do not see any drivers to update, try the following methods.
Note: Check the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section for any exclamation marks. If you can find anything, follow the same steps from this method and update everything.
2. Restart the Discord application
- Right-click on your Windows taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab and search for Discord in the apps list (also check background processes)
- Right-click on the application and any processes related to discord and click on End Task.
- Navigate to the Discard location on your hard drive and reopen.
3. Check if Discord servers are working
Problems with servers sometimes lead to such issues, so it is a good idea to check the Discord server status on (status.discordapp.com/)
If everything looks great and the Status is All Systems Operational, then try the next method below.
4. Modify region settings in Discord
- Right-click on Open Discard, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Click on the down arrow that appears in Discord.
- Select Server Settings.
- Click Change in the Server Region tab.
- Try different options until you find what works best.
Note: If your teammates have similar issues, it is recommended that you all test the same server area for optimal results.