Managing a team of field technicians, engineers, or sales agents can be a logistical nightmare – prioritizing jobs while keeping track of where everyone is and what they’re doing is no easy task. Add to that the need to maintain top-level customer support and you could well need a team of people to look after your team of people – unless you utilize the latest field service management software.
What is Field Service Management Software?
Field service management software (FSMS) is a way to automate certain aspects of field service management and streamline your operations. FSMS can help streamline your business by assisting with all of the following and more:
- Customer Management
- Call Logging
- Stock Control Management
When managing a team of field agents, everything needs to be tracked, from where you send each agent, when you send them, the ultimate outcome of their visit, and everything in between. Field service management software offers a central hub to manage these tasks automatically, meaning you can use those valuable man-hours elsewhere in the business.
How does field service software work?
Field service management solutions use cloud-based software to enable everyone in the field service chain to work from the same portal, including technicians, dispatchers, and managers and is accessible from any location via a range of devices, so everyone can have a full end-to-end experience.
Customers can even have a log in so they can stay in the loop, helping your business offer an exceptional service.
Field service management software instantly pulls together all important information and works with built-in integrations to include accounting, ERP, CRM systems, and tax software.
What are the benefits of field service software?
Using an integrated FSMS solution offers the following benefits:
- Improve communication – Using field services management software means better two-way communication, making it easier to quickly get critical information to field agents and keep track of times, locations and progress.
- Save time – Information only needs to be entered into the system once, saving time and reducing the risk of duplication, errors and missing information. The software also helps to speed up logging and reporting.
- Save money – Automating tasks mean you can save money on admin and utilise manpower elsewhere in the business. Accounting and payroll can also be streamlined, while expensive and cumbersome computer equipment can be replaced with handheld devices, saving money and office space.
- Better customer service – FSMS helps ensure you can easily keep customers in the loop with the progress of their project and offer them the best possible service.
- Work from anywhere – Cloud-based software means both you and your field-team can work and access the same software from anywhere. An important consideration in today’s climate.
Does your business need Field Service Software?
If you manage a team of field agents, whether they work in consultations, sales, repair, maintenance, or customer support, using field service management software can help your business work smarter and more efficiently, saving time, money and offering the best possible customer experience.