Table of Contents
Feature Update To Windows 10
Windows 10 Update is now available! Even though it’s a lesser release, there are still some noteworthy new additions. Here are the top five new additions and modifications to the most recent version of Windows 10 from Microsoft, which is now available to users of supported devices running version 1903 or higher.
1. Improved Alerts And The Start Menu
Microsoft has spent time updating some of Windows 10’s shabby user interfaces with this update. By eliminating accent colors from the live tiles and accent boxes from around the logos in the apps list, it has updated the Start menu’s appearance. The Start menu now has a simple, clean appearance and is less noisy than it was earlier. The notification design has also been modified by Microsoft, who added the app logo to the upper left and a clear X to reject the notification.
2. Touch-Based 2-in-1 Enhancements
Microsoft has changed the behavior of Windows 10 so that it will automatically improve the desktop experience with a more touch-friendly interface if you’re using it on a 2-in-1 PC. Previously, Windows 10 would ask you if you wanted to enter its specialized tablet mode. These improvements include a roomier taskbar, bigger hitboxes in the File Explorer, and the Touch Keyboard automatically popping up when you press on text fields in the desktop environment.
3. Microsoft Edge, A Modern Browser
The Update comes preinstalled with the new Microsoft Edge, so you won’t be able to avoid it for much longer if you haven’t already done so. With greater performance, quicker web page rendering, a new Collections feature, and many other enhancements, the new Microsoft Edge is a significant upgrade over the previous version. In the Update, the new version of Edge also interacts with the ALT+TAB interface, allowing you to view your recently visited web pages while moving between programs.
4. Improved Conditions
The option to modify your display’s refresh rate in the Windows 10 settings app is another new feature with this update. As the option is now accessible in the advanced display settings section of the contemporary Windows 10 settings program, you won’t need to delve too deeply into a dated Control Panel applet. Over the past few years, Microsoft has gradually but steadily ported legacy Control Panel settings to the contemporary Settings app, and the Update continued that process.
5. Improvements To PCs
When you first log in to a new Windows 10 PC that has the Update preloaded, you’ll find that the desktop is now more tailored to your account. For instance, when you sign in to your Microsoft Account during the initial setup, Windows will examine your account and check to see if you have a linked Android phone or an active Office subscription, and when you first access the desktop, it will automatically pin the Your Phone or Office app to the taskbar.
Windows Update Error 0x80080008 Variations
The 0x80080008 update problem will prohibit you from obtaining the most recent updates. Regarding that, the following are some difficulties that customers have claimed are similar:
Server 2016: 0x80080008 – This Windows Server 2016 bug was reported by numerous customers. Even though Windows 10 is the focus of most of our solutions, Windows Server should be able to use some of them as well.
Windows update failed – This Windows Update problem will prohibit updates from functioning. However, you should be able to resolve the issue by turning off your antivirus software or manually downloading the update.
Steps To fix Windows Update Error 0x80080008
This error code will specifically be displayed to you if your update is either stuck or if any of the update files cannot be downloaded and installed. But if it concerns you, don’t worry; we have a couple of workarounds that should fix the problem.
1. Perform SFC And DISM Scans
Your installation may be a problem if you are constantly getting the update error 0x80080008 on your computer. This issue could be caused by a faulty or corrupted Windows installation.
However, the issue can easily be resolved by running an SFC scan. Just do the following actions to do that:
- Right-click to bring up the Start menu.
- Decide on Command Prompt (Admin).
- Scannow is the command you should type.
- The process will look for and fix corrupted files.
In numerous circumstances, this gadget proved useful. However, you might want to attempt other remedies if the issue is not caused by the corrupted files.
The next thing to do is perform a DISM scan if the SFC scan is unable to resolve the issue or if it can’t be run at all. Simply adhere to the following instructions:
- Open the Command Prompt in administrator mode.
- On the command line, enter the following command:
- Cleanup-image DISM.exe /Online /Restorehealth
- If the DISM is unable to download files from the internet, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert the desired media and enter the command:
- Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess DISM.exe /Online
2. Restart Windows Update Components
Users claim that Windows Update components can occasionally cause the Update error 0x80080008 to appear. It is necessary to restart Windows Update components to resolve the issue.
You only need to perform the following steps in Command Prompt to reset Windows Update components:
- As an administrator, launch Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands right away:
- stop net wuauserv
- stop net cryptSvc
- pieces of net stop
- stop msiserver through the net
- Windows Software Distribution ren SoftwareDistribution.old
- old in C:WindowsSystem32
- start net wuauserv
- start net cryptSvc
- bit start net
- msiserver net start
After executing these commands, the problem ought to be fixed, allowing you to download the updates once more. Manually executing these commands can be tiresome. You can develop a Windows Updates reset script and execute it to automatically reset the necessary services if you wish to reset Windows Update components automatically.
3. Check Your Antivirus
Users claim that occasionally, Update error 0x80080008 can happen because of issues with your antivirus. It is advised that you disable specific antivirus features to see if it resolves the problem. If that doesn’t work, you might have to turn off your antivirus before attempting to run the update. Your next course of action would be to entirely remove your antivirus, though, if the problem persists.
Your PC should still be secured by Windows Defender even if you opt to delete your antivirus software, so you won’t need to be concerned about security. This could be an excellent moment for you to think about switching to a different antivirus program if deleting the antivirus resolves your issue.
4. Manually Download The Update
You might be able to get around the update error 0x80080008 by manually downloading and applying the update. You can accomplish this rather easily by doing the following:
- Find the KB number for the update you’re attempting to download first. You can do that by visiting the Windows Update History website or the Windows Update part of Windows.
- You must go to the Microsoft Update Catalogue website after you have the KB number of the update you’re trying to download. You merely need to type the updated number into the search field at this point.
- A list of outcomes will show up. Click the Download button next to the update that corresponds to your system architecture to start the download.
5. Restart BITS services
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is an essential service for Updates. On some occasions, due to various reasons it can crash and stop working.
What you need to do is restart the service and see if there is an improvement in the Update protocol.
Press the Windows key + R. In the search line type services.msc and press Enter.
Look for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and double-click it to open its properties.
If the service isn’t running, click the Start button.
Choose the Recovery tab and make sure that the First failure and Second failure are set to Restart service.
Confirm the selection and check for updates.
That gets the job done for some users. However, if you are still prompted with the error, move on to the next solution.
6. Boot in a Safe Boot mode
On some occasions, the background programs and their respective processes can slow down or even prevent an update. So, try tweaking out your services and startup to prevent possible conflict.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter msconfig. Now click OK or press Enter.
- Go to the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box. Then click Disable All and click Apply.
- Go to the Startup tab and choose Open Task Manager.
- Disable all Startup programs individually.
- Restart your PC and try updating.
You should be able to find and download available updates after this workaround.
7. Perform an in-place upgrade
According to users, sometimes your only way to fix this problem is to perform an in-place upgrade. In case you’re not familiar, an in-place upgrade will force Windows 10 to install the latest version while keeping all your files and applications untouched. To perform an in-place upgrade, you need to do the following:
- Download the Media Creation Tool and run it.
- Select Upgrade this PC now and click Next.
- Wait while the setup prepares the necessary files.
- Now select Download and install updates (recommended) and click Next.
- Wait for the updates to download.
- Follow the instructions on the screen until you reach the Ready to Install screen. Click on Change what to keep.
- Select Keep personal files and apps and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Once the process is finished, your Windows will be updated to the latest version and the problem should be permanently resolved. Done. Keep in mind that you can use workarounds presented in this article for multiple errors, not just the one we addressed today. In case you have any questions or suggestions, the comments section is below.
Your Windows will be upgraded to the most recent version once the process is complete, and the issue ought to be permanently fixed. Done. Remember that you can utilize the solutions provided in this post for more than just the errors we covered today.