Many users have reported that they are experiencing laggy video experiences while streaming on YouTube, even when playing at the lowest definition. This YouTube lagging issue occurs mostly on Google Chrome browsers.
If you are also experiencing this problem, do not worry. Here are several methods you can try to solve the YouTube lagging issue.
Table of Contents
1. Clear the browsing data
Some cached files or browser history may contain corrupted data. To clear this data in Google Chrome:
- Open history by pressing Ctrl + H.
- Click on clear browsing data.
- A window appears, in that click on Advanced
- In the Time range, click on All Time and tick all the boxes you see.
- Click on Clear Data.
- After this, restart your browser and check if the issue is resolved.
2. Find the extension that is causing the problem
Some extensions in your browser may slow down YouTube video streaming. You can check your browser to see if such extensions have been used. To check out Google Chrome extensions:
- Click on the menu icon in the upper right corner of the browser window. In the menu, select More Tools and select Extensions.
2. In the Extensions list, uncheck the box next to Disabled in each extension to disable this extension. You can turn off an extension at once and play a YouTube video.
This method will help you to find out what is slowing down YouTube video streaming.
3. Reinstall your web browser using the latest version
Your web browser may have corruption issues, so YouTube videos usually do not play. You can try reinstalling your browser to see if this fixes your problem. To do so:
- Click on the Start menu and then type “Add or remove programs” then click on the option with the same name
2. Now below the list of apps will be displayed. In that list, navigate to Google Chrome.
3. Click on Uninstall and follow the instructions
4. After uninstalling, visit Google Chrome’s official website and download the latest version
5. After the installation is complete, launch the browser. Check that the YouTube video streaming issue is resolved in the newly installed browser.
4. Update your network and graphics drivers
- Download and install the IObit Driver Booster.
- After installing, open the app, and click on scan to check all the outdated drivers.
- After scanning, the app displays a list of drivers to be updated on the computer.
- Click on Update All to update the drivers. this may take 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the drivers being installed.
- After all the drivers have been updated, restart your computer to make changes into effect.
We hope that your problem is resolved and you can stream videos without any issues. Comment below which method worked for you.