Avast is one of the top antivirus developers in the market, however, users are frustrated with the browser that comes with the antivirus which is found to interfering with the system’s issues. Here the solution for uninstalling Avast Secure browser.
After disabling the Avast Safe Zone browser, Avast Software recently released a standalone version of the Avast Secure browser and made it available for download with improved speed and privacy features. Avast offers a secure browser with Avast Antivirus and it installs itself through an update to Avast Antivirus. So, if you install Avast, you will get Avast secure browser.
If you do not want to use the Avast Secure Browser that is automatically installed without your permission, you can either uninstall it or remove it using the official removal tool provided by Avast. We will tell you how to do it.
Note: If you are installing Avast Secure Browser, you may need to use Avast Antivirus to run certain features, for example, Bank Mode.
Uninstall the Avast Secure Browser
- Open Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features.
- Select Avast Secure Browser.
- Click Uninstall, select ‘Delete your browsing data too’ and click Uninstall, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip: Do not delete browsing data if you want to reinstall the Avast secure Browser afterward.
Remove Avast secure Browser using their official tool
If you cannot uninstall Avast Safe Browser from the control panel, do not worry! Avast has provided a removal tool for this which can be downloaded and run from your computer.
- Download the avast_secure browser_uninstall.exe
- Run it, select ‘Delete your browsing data’ and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Wait for the Avast Safe Browser removal tool and when the uninstallation is complete you will be asked why you uninstalled it.
The above-mentioned solutions should help in uninstalling Avast Secure Browser from your computer. Apart from the browser, Avast also offers device tuneup software that is discussed in detail in the Avast Cleanup Premium review and chromecontinue use.
Also read: Avast browser opening on startup?