VRChat is a huge multiplayer virtual reality social media network based on Microsoft Windows 2014. Steam was released in 2017. Users of 3D-character models can communicate with each other using VRChat. It has attracted a significant number of users since its inception. Sadly, some of the people mentioned using the service to see a VRChat black screen. This can occur when users log in or play games. The following options can be tried to solve the Vrchat Black Screen issue.
Solution 1: Reduce the resolution
If you’re having trouble with the VRChat black screen after loading or logging in, try lowering the resolution to see if that helps. Although the user experience might be degraded, it has helped certain users solve their problems. As a result, you should give it a try as well. Here are the instructions.
- From the context menu of empty space on your desktop, choose Display settings.
- Make sure the Display tab is selected in the left pane of the pop-up window. The Scale and Layout section can then be found by scrolling down.
- Lower the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 pixels or less. Pick Keep changes in the pop-up pane.
After that, you can start VRChat. You can adjust your screen resolution if the VRChat not working error disappears. If the issue persists, you should proceed to the next step.
Solution 2: Clear Cache of VRChat
VRChat black screen after loading or during gameplay may also be caused by faulty cache data. In this scenario, you’ll need to clear VRChat’s cache.
- Open File Explorer, Using Win + E.
- From the toolbar, select View and check the box next to Hidden objects.
- To clear the cache, go to C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\LocalLow\VRChat and remove the VRChat folder.
- Open Steam and navigate to the LIBRARY tab. Then pick Properties from the right-click menu of your VRChat.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab in the pop-up window. Select the option to verify the integrity of game files in the right pane.
Solution 3: Update Your Graphics Driver Manually
You should also make sure your graphics card driver is up to date, as an out-of-date or corrupted graphics driver will cause VRChat to go dark. Here’s how to update your Windows 10 device.
- Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager from the Start menu.
- Double-click on the Display adapter. Then, on your graphics card adapter, look for the Update driver package.
- In the next window, select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then update the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Then Restart your PC.
You can also go to the manufacturer’s official website to download and install the most recent graphics card driver or to upgrade your drivers.
Solution 4: Update your graphics driver automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience, or programming skills to manually update the graphics driver, Driver Easy will do it for you.
Driver Easy will detect your device and find the necessary drivers automatically. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running, and you don’t have to worry about downloading and installing the incorrect driver or making a mistake during the installation process.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or PRO editions of Driver Simple. With the Pro version, however, it only takes two clicks:
- Download ‘Driver Easy’ and Install it.
- Open Driver Easy and choose Scan Now from the menu. After that, Driver Easy will look for any problematic drivers on your computer.
- Select Update All to download and install the correct version of all missing or out-of-date drivers on your device (this includes the Pro version; you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you select Update All). You get complete assistance as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.)
- Reboot your PC to ensure that the changes are fully implemented.
Solution 5: Check for Network Issues
If the VRChat black screen appears again, you can look into network issues as well. Disconnect the power supply to your router or modem and wait at least 2 minutes for it to turn off. Then turn it and observe if VRChat functions properly.
Solution 6: Reinstall VRChat
You should keep VRChat up to date to ensure that it functions properly. Install any available updates if they are available. Reinstall VRChat if the VRChat black screen continues. The control panel, windows settings or third-party uninstaller can be deleted. Then reinstall VRChat in Steam and test it to find out if the problem is gone.
We’ve tried to give a solution to the VRChat Black Screen problem in this article. I believe you have a good understanding of it. Even, if you have any doubts, please leave a comment below.