How to host someone on Twitch If you are new to Twitch, there is an excellent chance that you are not yet familiar with its powerful features and tools.
Did you know that you can now host another user’s Twitch channel on your Twitch channel? This is now possible with the new host mode of the platform.
Here, you do not need to sign off from Twitch’s chat room to host your own user’s channel. Thanks to this new mode, broadcasters on this platform can now host live streams of other Twitch channels on their channel pages. So, how does this new Twitch feature work?
Twitch Host Mode – What is it?
Suppose you finish broadcasting today on this platform; you can engage in host mode to host other twitch channels. Again, you do not need to sign off from your chat room to use this mode.
When you enter host mode, your chat room stays the same. However, the embedded version of the channel streams you host will replace the video player.
This way, you can continue meeting with your community while you are offline.
As a broadcaster, you can use this mode to host live streams of other Twitch channels on your channel page. With Twitch, any channel can host other channels, and all Twitch channels may be hosted.
You may also like: 4 ways to fix Twitch Error code 5000
How Twitch Host Mode Works
As the host mode is engaged in your chat room, type the channel you want to host in the chat. For example, you want to share the weekly Twitch Shameless Plug show with your audience.
In that case, you need to type /host switch in your chat. And your audience can now watch broadcasts from your hosting channel.
This way, your audience can see the broadcast title and follow the chain you are hosting. However, this feature allows you to host only one channel at a time and max up to three tracks in 30 minutes. To turn off host mode, type /un host in your chat.
How is Twitch host mode?
There has been a significant increase in the number of Twitch users over the past two years. As a Twitch user, you may be wondering why you should use this new feature.
Some of the benefits associated with host mode on this platform are:
- Twitch allows you to keep the community together even when you go offline
- Allows you and your audience to watch your favorite events and broadcasts on your Twitch channel
- Give you the opportunity to promote broadcasters or share your favorite content and events with the platform’s audience.
You may like: Are you facing Twitch error 3000?
How to host other channels on Twitch?
Depending on the device you are accessing the platform, there is a specific procedure that you must use to host other channels. If you do not know how to host Twitch, here’s how you can go about it:
Host Twitch On PC
If you use a desktop, Twitch can only be accessed from the website.
For that, the steps you need to take to host other channels on the platform are:
- With any Mac or Windows computer, go to https://www.twitch.tv.
- If the browser does not log in to your Twitch account automatically, sign in.
- However, if you are new to the platform, create a Twitch account first. In that case, click on the “Sign Up” tab in the website’s upper right corner.
- This will take you to the sign-up page, where you will need to enter the required details before submitting.
- After logging in to your twitch account, you can now continue to host other channels.
- To host a Twitch channel, click on your username in the upper right corner or on the page. This will prompt you for a drop-down menu to appear.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Channel.” This makes it visible with a chat room to the right of your channel page.
- In this chat area, type the channel name you want to host in the chat room by entering ” / host ‘ followed by the name of the channel you want to host.’ For instance, you may type /host Twitch on your channel to host the main Twitch channel.
By doing so, other Twitch users can see the channel you are hosting while your chat room is active. However, all views received on your channel are recorded as channel views for the channel you are hosting. Again, stopping any channel you host is easy—type/un host in your chat room.
Read this also: Twitch network error 2000
How to host on Twitch app
Do you want to host other channels when you use a mobile device? Well, it’s very easy too. To do this, here are the steps you can take:
- Download and install the Twitch app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Open the application and log in to your account.
- Then, tap on your profile picture. For Android devices, the profile picture appears in the upper right corner. For iOS devices, the image is in the upper left corner of the screen.
- This displays various profile options and content. Continue tapping on the ‘Chat’ tab to show the chat on your channel.
- Now, type /host the channel name you want to host in the chat.
- Type /un host your chat to stop the channel you are hosting at any given time.
By using host mode, you will be amazed by what it can do. This mode allows you to stay in touch with your community on Twitch, even when you’re offline. Again, you can use this feature to promote your favorite channels and add content to your channel.
With a more advanced host mode feature, you can navigate to ‘live hosts’ to get more exposure and success for broadcasters. Either way, the steps described above will help you figure out how to host someone on a Twitch PC or app.